Each year Weston Museum plays host to a number of events which provide opportunities for both enthusiasts and families to enjoy a great day out.
Would you like to know more about how to research your family history? Join in with this workshop led by members of the Weston-super-Mare Family History Society.
The workshop covers a number of areas including Getting started, The 1939 Register (used to issue identity cards and ration books during WW2), Using Censuses, Finding Births, Marriages & Deaths, Using Newspapers, Church Records, DNA Research and Foreign Families.
Places are limited so you need to book ahead, a suggested donation of £5 can be paid on the day to support activities like this and preserve your local heritage. Call the museum on 01934621028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space
If you are looking for something a bit different within your teaching, but aren’t sure what’s out there, then join in with our local providers INSET day
• Meet a variety of educational providers from your local area, covering history, STEM, literacy, craft and design etc
• Find out about learning offers outside of the classroom
• Get ideas for new activities and visits
• Take part in hands on workshop sessions to try out some new topics
• Get your ‘wow day’ activities planned in advance
• Get your pre visit to the museum all ticked off (get everything you need for a visit done by signing off a risk assessment and pre-prepared trail activities all in one go)
To book spaces for your teaching staff, just call the museum on 01934 621028 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining in with this event as a local provider who offers learning activities to schools or a place for school visits, please contact Katherine Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.