Each year Weston Museum plays host to a number of events which provide opportunities for both enthusiasts and families to enjoy a great day out.
If you are looking for something a bit different within your teaching, but aren’t sure what’s out there, then join in with our local providers INSET day
• Meet a variety of educational providers from your local area, covering history, STEM, literacy, craft and design etc
• Find out about learning offers outside of the classroom
• Get ideas for new activities and visits
• Take part in hands on workshop sessions to try out some new topics
• Get your ‘wow day’ activities planned in advance
• Get your pre visit to the museum all ticked off (get everything you need for a visit done by signing off a risk assessment and pre-prepared trail activities all in one go)
To book spaces for your teaching staff, just call the museum on 01934 621028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in joining in with this event as a local provider who offers learning activities to schools or a place for school visits, please contact Katherine Bell at email@example.com.
Get inspired by our exhibition on Punch and Judy and make your own puppet to take away and create your own shows with! Join in with a craft workshop where there will be loads of materials to use and a puppetry artist on hand to show you how to make your own fantastic puppet.
Workshops last for 1.5 hours and available slot timings are:
- 10.30 – 12
- 12.30 – 2
- 2.30 – 4
Activities are suitable for children aged 4-10, smaller craft materials mean that the workshops are not suitable for children aged 3 or younger. We have regular toddler groups for them instead, run on a monthly basis.
Tickets cost £5 per child. Parents do not need to purchase a ticket for themselves, they can either stay with the child (advisable for younger children) or stay in the museum cafe, which is within eye line and earshot of the Learning Space and enjoy a cuppa whilst their children enjoy some craft. To book a place please call the museum on 01934 621028 or drop in. Places need to be booked in advance as numbers are limited and we ask for payment at the time of booking, which you can pay in cash or on card if you drop in or you can pay by card over the phone.