This year’s CBA Festival of Archaeology theme is ‘Archaeology and Creativity’ and the museum will be hosting a special event day of historical finds and family friendly crafts, where you can drop in for some free activities for all ages between 10am and 3pm.
Weston Museum and the Heritage Team from North Somerset Council will once again be collaborating to host their annual Festival of Archaeology Day. Activities will include:
- Family friendly crafts and activities – construct an Iron Age round house, design a Roman mosaic, create some Medieval stained glass and weave a Viking braid.
- See equipment used in archaeological surveying and metal detecting.
- View some pottery and metal detected finds and learn about their discovery.
- Discover history in North Somerset by interacting with the Know Your Place website.
- Learn about how archaeology isn’t just about digging, but involves a wide range of skills and knowledge.
- Chat to our friendly volunteers, learning and historic environment teams, to discover heritage in North Somerset.
- Interact with heritage social media posts.
This is a free drop in event in the museum’s ground floor Learning Space; you do not need to book in advance.
For more information, contact the museum team on 01934 621028 or email@example.com