Fun for Kids
Kids love hands-on activities, things to do on a rainy day and you love things to entertain them when they’re at home. On a visit to Weston Museum, you’ll find interesting activities and events, and we also have some fun activities and digital resources to bring the Museum home to you.
Things to do at Weston Museum
There are lots of activities and events to join in with at the museum. Pop in for a free visit to the galleries or book on to a family friendly session. You can even become a member of our Young Archaeologists’ Club.
During Your Visit
- Interactives in the galleries; to touch, listen to, play with puzzles or dress up
- An audio tour by Rusty the Dog (accessed through QR codes within the galleries)
- Paper-based trails for children of primary school age and above
- Comfy corner in the café, which has family friendly food options
- Mini Explorer Backpacks (more about these on the right)
The museum is also breastfeeding friendly and has baby changing facilities.
Mini Explorer Backpacks
At the museum we have backpacks available to borrow during your visit, free of charge. These contain a range of multi-sensory items to encourage your children to explore the galleries in a fun and accessible way. They are great for children under 5 or for children with SEND requirements.
The bags can be borrowed from the front desk (subject to availability) and returned at the end of your visit, we simply take a few details from you.
Fun history learning at home
Take the fun home with activity packs, videos and blogs. These family friendly resources are generally aimed at children of primary school age and above but can be enjoyed by younger or older children with a little adaptation and support.